Well my sister Mindee came from Arizona to visit for a couple of weeks. A couple days before she left to come down here she was asked by her sis-in-law to run the Wasatch Back Relay!!!! She accepted the challenge. I just felt like it was adaquit to tell her how proud I am of her. I actually had tears in my eyes as she ran to the finish line with her team. For those of you who aren't familar with Mindee let me just give you some back ground to why this was so AWESOME. Mindee has suffered with asthma her whole life. I remember when I was little and when she would get really sick and have asthma attacks, my mom would have to leave the house to go and get Mindee some medicine to help her breath and I remember being so scared that she was going to stop breathing. All of her doctor's have always told her that she shouldn't play sports or do any kind of activity that has to do with running. She always beat odds by pushing her lungs and body playing sports(and always excelling), but she never ran much cause it was just too hard. We have always worried about Min cause she tends to push the limits when told that she couldn't do something. So last year Mindee set out to do something amazing....she ran a half marathon......I am not going to lie I thought she would die, but she finished and finished with a great time and still breathing. I am just so proud of her and I love her so much. She has been an inspiration to me to see her never give up. Mindee I just want you to know that I love you so much. I am greatful for the example you have always been for me. I am so extremly proud of you and all that you have accomplished. You are my HERO and my BEST FRIEND!!!! I am so happy that I was able to be at the finish line and watch you excell once again.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
3 comments:
Thanks for making me cry! You are so nice and you are the best sister. Thank you so much for being such a great support and for always helping with my kids. We love you guys.
Your sis is lucky to have such a big supporter!! Congrats to her for doing that! What an accomplishment for her!! Love ya girl!
I totally wish I could do something like that. That is awsome she ran in that race that takes one tough chick. My sister In-law (Dans wife) ran in it also I guess their team took first in the womens div. and second all around. Do you think you will ever do that race? Tell you sis congrats for beating the odds.
Post a Comment