
So on Thursday last week I got a call from the school that Jack had an accident and got pushed down at recess and he wont stop crying. At first they thought that he was still crying cause his feelings were hurt from being pushed. Which I thought was pretty weird cause Jack never gets his feelings hurt too bad and for too long. So I went to the school and picked him up. It was so sad to see him sitting in the nurses office and he just had big alligator tears in his eyes. So I asked him if he just wanted to come home and of course he said "yes". So we got home and he was still crying. He just kept telling me that his arm hurt. I was a little torn and couldn't decide if we should take him to the doctor or not. The nurse at the school had checked his wrist and told me that it looked fine, but yet he said it was still hurting. I felt his arm and it was swollen and it would hurt him if I just barely touched it. To make a long story short I finally went over to Barry's moms and she felt it and said that she thought that she felt a bump. So I decided to take him down to the doctor. When we got there they took an x-ray...and sure enough it was broken. He had broken both bones, the ulna and the radius. The were not a big enough break that they had to set his arm, but they did put a cast on that goes up to his shoulder. Jack was super brave. He was really nervous to do all he things that he had to do at the doctor that day, but he did everything and hardly cried at all even though you could tell it was really hurting. When I finally got the whole story from Jack what happened at recess he told me that he was playing football and that he went to get the ball off the grass and then he got pushed down by another kid who didn't want him to have the ball. I have to admit that I was angry. It made me super sad to think that he got pushed down, but I am sure that it was just kids being kids. Anyways....Jack should have his cast on for about 4 weeks. So that should be just in time for his
lil brother to get here:) He is adjusting great to having to use his left hand. Hopefully everything will heal good and he will be able to get back to writing and coloring great with his right hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment