Wednesday, April 28, 2010

.:ChRiStMaS 2009:.

This Christmas was a fun Christmas. On Christmas Eve we had the Sommers's family party at Barry's mom and dads. We did a nativity and then played some games. It was fun to see the kids dressed up and try to do what Grandma told them to do. Then we got to go home and write a letter to Santa and set out some cookies. It was so much fun this year cause Jackson is actually getting the concecpt of Christmas and Santa. He asked for a train.....So on Christmas morning we all woke up to a surprise. Jackson had all of his presents from Santa...but he wasn't the only one. We had a secret Santa leave some presents for us on our front door. They had left us a gift card to Jubilee and they left Jackson a Thomas Train and a Thomas train track. We were so humbled. I couldn't believe that someone would think of our family. It has been kind of a hard time with Barry losing his job and trying to find work. It was so nice to have that help. People are so amazing. And I am so grateful to be living in such an amazing area where so many people care. So then after we got our big surprise we had Jackson open the rest of his presents and then Barry and I took our turns....it was a great morning. It was our year to spend Christmas with my family, so we headed down to Layton and then Jackson got spoiled there by his Grandma and Grandpa. We had so much fun. It was a great year to be able to feel the fun of Christmas, but we also felt the spirit too. I am so grateful for all of the amazing blessing that I have in my life.


2 comments:

Peter Lee Family said...

Great job on scrapblog-I was wondering how it went.

Our family said...

I am so happy to see a update from you. Way to go Jackson on walking you are such a determined little man. We need to get together soon it has been awhile since I have seen you guys.