Anyways I just thought that I would let you all know that we decided not to go ahead with Jackson's eye surgery just yet. Barry and I just didn't feel to good about it in the first place. And when we talked to Jackson's occupational therapist at Schriners(which we totally trust he opinion), she made a good point to us. She was saying that she wasn't sure if the surgery would really fix Jack's problem. The fact that Jackson has problems with his cerebellum it effects all of his muscles. And just like if a Dr. was to do surgery on Jackson leg muscles to try and correct his shakeyness---it wouldn't correct it. He is just going to have to strenghten his musclces to try and make up for his cerebellum. So with his eyes she just felt like it just might be better to try and patch his eye and do some visual therapy first. I am really glad that we listened to her cause I am already noticing that Jackson's eyes have gotten a little better. We just have to patch his right eye every day for 1 hour. He is so good about it too. He likes to pick out what patch he gets to wear. Jackson really is such an inspiration to me. He just has the best attitude about life. I just feel so close to my Father in Heaven when I am around him. I am so greatful everyday that I am around his sweet spirit. Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive to our family. I really don't think that I could do this without all of you. I am a blessed girl!!!!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
.:JuSt FyI:.
Anyways I just thought that I would let you all know that we decided not to go ahead with Jackson's eye surgery just yet. Barry and I just didn't feel to good about it in the first place. And when we talked to Jackson's occupational therapist at Schriners(which we totally trust he opinion), she made a good point to us. She was saying that she wasn't sure if the surgery would really fix Jack's problem. The fact that Jackson has problems with his cerebellum it effects all of his muscles. And just like if a Dr. was to do surgery on Jackson leg muscles to try and correct his shakeyness---it wouldn't correct it. He is just going to have to strenghten his musclces to try and make up for his cerebellum. So with his eyes she just felt like it just might be better to try and patch his eye and do some visual therapy first. I am really glad that we listened to her cause I am already noticing that Jackson's eyes have gotten a little better. We just have to patch his right eye every day for 1 hour. He is so good about it too. He likes to pick out what patch he gets to wear. Jackson really is such an inspiration to me. He just has the best attitude about life. I just feel so close to my Father in Heaven when I am around him. I am so greatful everyday that I am around his sweet spirit. Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive to our family. I really don't think that I could do this without all of you. I am a blessed girl!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He is so dang handsome! I love how blue his shirt makes his eyes look. I am so glad that you feel good about your decision and that you are noticing improvements with the therapy. I still really want to get together with you guys and BBQ or something fun! We need to do something before the summer is over.
I was going to tell you to hold off on the surgery as well. who was the dr by the way at primary's. There is an eye doctor I don't really care for because all he ever talks about is surgery and in both of our kids cases it is there muscles!!!! and it just might not cure the thing. Good luck and we are with you on the eye patching thing but Rhett sweats too much it doesn't stay on well.
Funny!! Dr Dries is the dr I do not like. he is surgery happy!!!! I am looking for a new eye dr. and not sure if I want to use any at primary children's since they all know Dr. Dries. When I went in the last time he started to examine Donavin. hello, how many Cp kids with a cochlear implant do you have!! we were just a number to him and a dollar sign. so if you find a new one you like let me know I've been holding off lame I know but he really made me mad
Katie, I would have loved to talk to you about eye surgery! Josh has the best pediatric opthamalogist! We patched Josh's eye for 3 years. It got better and his eyes are still getting better. Every year we have to get a new presciption because his eyes continue to get stronger. Correcting kids when they are young, is so much better than surgery, (if you can avoid it). Their bodies are amazing. They just adjust!
Post a Comment