So Barry's little sister wrote this poem for Jackson. She sent it to me and I thought that is was so great that I wanted to share it. I was bawling the first couple of times that I read it. I just thought that it explained perfectly how I felt. So here it is---thanks again Shannon:
A Quiet Testimony
You could look at this little boy and think nothing is wrong
Those that know him, know he's struggled all along.
Appointment after appointment, doctor after doctor
Built up with frustration, but sitting with no answer.
Not knowing where to start or what to do
Quietly the little boy grew and grew.
His parents each holding a hand along the way
He's not going anywhere-He is here to stay.
In his eyes, determination-In his heart is faith
He pushed the bar and slowly it was raised.
Always smiling, and happy as can be
Such a small boy, not yet three.
He's stronger than most, but not where expected
His so called battle his mind has rejected.
He's doing his best, and through that succeeding
While those that love him are fervently pleading.
Throughout his life, he'll go so far
From the beginning he let to raise the bar.
With that attitude of-"Come what may"
He's my little angel, Jackson Ray.
You could look at this little boy and think nothing is wrong
Those that know him, know he's struggled all along.
Appointment after appointment, doctor after doctor
Built up with frustration, but sitting with no answer.
Not knowing where to start or what to do
Quietly the little boy grew and grew.
His parents each holding a hand along the way
He's not going anywhere-He is here to stay.
In his eyes, determination-In his heart is faith
He pushed the bar and slowly it was raised.
Always smiling, and happy as can be
Such a small boy, not yet three.
He's stronger than most, but not where expected
His so called battle his mind has rejected.
He's doing his best, and through that succeeding
While those that love him are fervently pleading.
Throughout his life, he'll go so far
From the beginning he let to raise the bar.
With that attitude of-"Come what may"
He's my little angel, Jackson Ray.
8 comments:
very cute poem, and very cute boy!! we need to get together. call me when you in Layton!!!
That is a great poem she did amazing I see how it made you cry. If you are not busy this Friday you should come and have a girls night out let me know we are going to a movie and to eat.
Awww, that is such a sweet poem. It really does describe everything perfectly.
That is the sweetest poem. What a special tribute to little Jackson. Your sister-in-law sounds like a really great person and how nice of her to have written that for him. Just let me know whenever you are down here for lunch. I still definitely want to go. You are such a great mom in the way you love and take care of Jackson. We still need to get together so I can come and see your new house. Once we get moved in we will have a lot more time.
I love it! Thanks for letting me be apart of your blog! :) I love catching up with you!
I love it! Thanks for letting me be apart of your blog! :) I love catching up with you!
Did Shannon write that? very good and it does summarize him quite well!
Hey Kate! I love that poem, Shannon so described our special little angel boy, Jackson is so blessed to have you as his om, I am so proud of you I just love that little guy!!! Love Mom
Post a Comment