SORRY no pictures...just an update with Jackson. We went to the eye doctor today to see what we were going to do about Jackson's crossed eye. The doctor felt like the only way to correct it would be to do eye muscle surgery...ON BOTH EYES. Yes I did break down and cry in front of Jackson's doctor, but he was very good at trying to calm me down and make me feel a little better about the surgery. He said that Jackson may need to get a couple of surgeries before they will be fixed all of the way. He did say that he thinks that it might help Jackson a little with his balance and depth perception. It will not fix it, but any help is better than no help. So I guess that the conclusion is that both of his eyes are crossed and that may have something to do with Jackson cerebellar problem. We are still going to have to patch his right eye for an hour a day so that his left eye can get a little stronger. As of now Jackson will be getting the surgery done on May 15th. I am sure that everything will be okay and I know that I just have to have faith that Heavenly Father will be with him through this, but if I didn't say that I was terrified than I would be lying. I just love him so much and I would hate for anything to go wrong. He is such an amazing kid and I am so proud of the way that he handles life. What a special child he is. So for venting all of this, I just thought that some of you would like to know. I will still try to keep you all updated on anything else that comes our way......Thank you for all of your support, we couldn't do this with out all of you!!!!!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
.:EYE SURGERY:.
SORRY no pictures...just an update with Jackson. We went to the eye doctor today to see what we were going to do about Jackson's crossed eye. The doctor felt like the only way to correct it would be to do eye muscle surgery...ON BOTH EYES. Yes I did break down and cry in front of Jackson's doctor, but he was very good at trying to calm me down and make me feel a little better about the surgery. He said that Jackson may need to get a couple of surgeries before they will be fixed all of the way. He did say that he thinks that it might help Jackson a little with his balance and depth perception. It will not fix it, but any help is better than no help. So I guess that the conclusion is that both of his eyes are crossed and that may have something to do with Jackson cerebellar problem. We are still going to have to patch his right eye for an hour a day so that his left eye can get a little stronger. As of now Jackson will be getting the surgery done on May 15th. I am sure that everything will be okay and I know that I just have to have faith that Heavenly Father will be with him through this, but if I didn't say that I was terrified than I would be lying. I just love him so much and I would hate for anything to go wrong. He is such an amazing kid and I am so proud of the way that he handles life. What a special child he is. So for venting all of this, I just thought that some of you would like to know. I will still try to keep you all updated on anything else that comes our way......Thank you for all of your support, we couldn't do this with out all of you!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Poor little guy!
I am sorry to hear that Katie. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Everything will go fine but I know what you mean about being scared. I hated it when Kaleb had to go in for surgery. Let me know if you need anything.
My prayers are with you, Katie. You amaze me. You are so young with such a big responsability and more each day to overcome. You must be very special for all this to happen to you. I myself not sure I could handle it. Best of luck to you!
Katie, you are an amazing mother!!!!!!! You will get through this with the courage and strength from the Lord like you have before. I will be praying for your sweet family.
I'm sure everything will be fine. The doc has probably done millions of similar surgeries with lots of success. Jackson will be strong and will probably thank you later. I'll be thinking about you guys on May 15 :). Hopefully I'll be able to see you again before then!!!
Man, so sorry Katie. We wish your darling family all the best. I'm sure Jackson's surgery will go well, but I would be nervous too. You're such a good mom. We'll keep little Jackson in our prayers.
keep up the strong spirits!! we are praying for you guys!!! I would love to do lunch sometime!!
I'm so sorry to hear that Jackson will have to go through a couple of surgeries for his little eyes. We will definately keep you guys in our prayers!
OK.. you need to call me. I have had 10 surgeries on my eyes to strenghth my muscles. I also wore a patch on left eye..growing up! I love this boy. He sounds just like me! :) I hope all goes well. Let me know how I can help. I know my mom hated it, and I would too. Good luck!
Katie!! One trial after another but you are amazing and he WILL be ok! Hang in there!
Oh sweet boy, you guys have been through so much, I know it's gotta be so tough; hang in there. But thanks for all the updates, you're in our prayers...
Post a Comment